Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reaching for the Stars

Ah, yes. Isn't that a grand sentiment?

I like the thought, but do I practice it? Or do I settle for the mediocre, the general, the usual? Oops. I'm afraid too many times that's exactly what I do. Ouch!

Reaching for the stars means trusting God for big things.
* Don't be surprised when the answer is there, waiting.
* Don't stand there with my mouth hanging open when He grants a desire.
He loves me after all. He wants me to be satisfied.
* Don't be afraid to ask Him for something. He's my father.

So that takes me to my writing. Am I hoping too much to want to be published? Am I striving too hard? I don't think so. Nothing was ever gained by lackadaisial behavior. I believe in working hard, doing the very best you can with what talents and ability God's given us. Then when we've fulfilled our part, He'll step in and do His.

When God gives us a talent, or a special desire, don't you think we need to use it? Take that sewing ability and really make something of it. How about singing? Do you have a special knack at visiting? Older people? Working with youth? Cooking? Some type of art?

I'm going to do my best to use my gift. I'm going to hitch my wagon to a star!

So, this quote today fits right in with the above sentiments:
* The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions. --Wm Scovalino

Here's a suggestion for you today, MW's:
Take five minutes today to evaluate your special gift from God. Don't say you don't have one. Everyone does. If you don't know what it is, ask someone what they think you're really good at. Then begin using it. Plan on how you can best utilize it. Don't waste it. Use it.

Blessings today on you and your gift from God.

No comments: