Friday, August 25, 2006

ACFW

American Christian Fiction Writers. Why am I so hepped up on this conference? Well, let me see if I can name a few of the reasons:
* I've gotten tons of info from their email loop
* I'll get to meet and talk with some of the best christian editors in the U.S.
* I'll maybe have a chance to obtain an agent
* I'll get to make new friends with other writers
* I'll get to meet my critique partners.
* I get a critique from a well published author.

Is that enough?
September 21st through 24th are the dates. Liz Curtis Higgs is the main speaker, with many other well established writers participating in the workshops. I'd urge you to check it out. Even the letters ACFW will take you to their website. Do it. Today.

Your quote of the day: Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. --Theodore Seuss Giesel
Cool, huh?

Here's . . . that tip for all you ministers wives:

Anyway possible of finding out ahead of time what your visitors like to eat? Or dislike? If you can, that's a great bonus in preparing the meals that'll delight everyone. But, you know, don't sweat it. Cook what you do best and hope for the best. If all else fails have a few staples on hand, like a frozen batch of homemade soup, or a tasty casserole in the freezer. That'll save the day when you're running late. And most of all, don't spend all your time in the kitchen preparing fancy meals while everyone else is enjoying themselves outside. Delegate the chores, keep it simple, and you'll have fun, too.

Blessings to all. Have a great weekend. See you Tuesday, next week.

No comments: